What To Do After An Accident
Being involved in a car accident is a very scary experience. If you are injured, the first thing you need to do is get medical attention. If you are not injured, our legal team at the KMA Law Office in Severna Park, Maryland, recommends that you do some of the following:
- At the scene, write down the following information:
- License plate number of the other vehicle(s) involved
- Other driver’s information and vehicle owner’s information (name, address, insurer)
- Take photographs of the scene (traffic signals, signs, weather, obstructions to visibility, etc.) and the vehicles involved
- If police officers come to the scene, get the name, badge number and contact information of any police officers on site, the police report number and/or the police information exchange document.
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses
After The Collision
Once you have left the scene of the accident, your record keeping should not stop. Anything pertaining to your auto accident should be written down. Keep detailed notes about:
- Any conversations with the other driver and/or any witnesses
- Injuries, pains, bruises you sustained as a result of the collision
- Take photos of any visible injuries, bruising, swelling, splints, casts etc.
- Hospital/doctor visits, including all prescription receipts and medical bills;
- Any out of work note slips given by your doctors, don’t give your only copy to your employer, keep a copy for yourself to document lost time and wages;
- Property damage estimates
- Car rental invoices and any other expenses incurred as a result of the incident.
Enlist The Help Of An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
You do not have to wonder what to do after an accident. Our firm is here to provide you with the information and guidance you need. Call us today at 800-851-3301 or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment with our lawyer. We offer a free consultation at our Severna Park office.